>It’s so cold in Montana that…
January 4, 2010 by Blueberries For Me
2. The steam that comes out of my thermos freezes into ice crystals on the lid.
3. The local lingerie store features a mannequin wearing a sweater and a scarf.
4. The lowest temperature recorded in the lower 48 was recorded in Montana. (-70F!)
5. The newspaper always features ads for “remote start keys” so you can start your car before you leave your house.
6. We open the dining room in the shelter for people to sleep in when it gets in the 20s, regardless of capacity.
7. Ice forms on the inside (inside!) of our windows when it gets in the teens or below. Literally, one of our bedroom windows was completely covered with ice.
8. According to Wikipedia, the name for Missoula comes for the Salish word for the Clark Fork River, which means “Place of freezing water.”
Only 6 more months to spring!
[Full disclosure: That picture was taken in BC, not Montana. But..close enough.]