>I do update this. I just don’t get to computers often.
So going from the South to the Northwest, I expected a few things. For instance, there would be no sweet tea. Here is a few things I didn’t expect:
* Sticks of butter are a different shape.
* Huckleberries. More than just a Mark Twain character, they are delicious. And can only be grown in the wild.
* Local (or regional) beers are always the beer of choice.
* Traffic is virtually non-existent.
* Basketball takes precedence over football. Gonzaga doesn’t even have a football team.
* Minorities are practically non-existent in Spokane.
* Fall starts late August. I’m scared to think about when winter starts.
* People are really laid back.
* Eastern Washington is definitely not the hippie/enviro-friendly Seattle. There’s a big divide in the state between the regions. It’s definitely more conservative here.
* People who think its conservative here have never been to the Bible belt.
* The world revolves around Eastern Standard Time.
* People say “back east.”
* Hardly anyone drinks ginger ale.
* And it’d be called pop.
There are more, but they will be coming later!