1. It’s exam week here at Chez Blueberries and we’ve been knocking them out of the park. I still have to finish changes to my thesis proposal for like the milllionth time, but hopefully once it’s done today, it’s done. I wonder if it’ll ever just get to a “good enough” point. I mean, it’s already been proposed and accepted; so I don’t really see how making changes will affect the trajectory of the project. Mainly cause it’s things like “expand on this paragraph” or “rearrange this.” So hopefully that’ll be done sometime this afternoon and I can take the rest of the day off. I have to admit though, while I don’t particularly enjoy grad school, it’s been a lot less demanding and stressful than undergrad. So there’s that!
2. One of my JV housemates from my second year of JVC was in town visiting this week. Granted, her timing was a little off (smack in the middle of exams!) but it was still great to see her. And she managed to come on the only days this entire spring where it has been sunny and in the 60s/70s. Seriously, I can’t even tell you how great the weather has been here.
3. Having community members is like no other relationship I have. You kinda get this sense that you’ve been through something significant together, and really, only the people in that house during that year can ever understand it. We aren’t all BFFs, but I am happy to say that I truly get along and enjoy being with all my former housemates. (Okay, except the one that left early but I don’t know if that counts). They’re great people, and I am blessed to have them in my life.
4. Speaking of housemates still, we are going to one of our Spokane housemate’s weddings in June! I’m so excited. I think most of our other housemates will be there, too. Most came to our wedding, but weddings are crazy so I didn’t get to hang out with them the way I would’ve wanted to. It should be a blast!
5. We got their wedding present here: serrv. It’s basically a fair trade gift store for Catholic Relief Services. Check it out – they have some awesome stuff!
6. I plan on buying myself a pair of TOMS shoes when I finish all my work this afternoon. Check back tomorrow for a post on how I’ve over thought this far too much.
7. I’m working at the shelter this weekend. It’s nice to get some moolah, but I just want to chill. I haven’t worked at that site since December, so I’m probably a little rusty. Oh goodness. Hopefully it will go by quick!