Huzzah! It’s my birthday! Well, that is almost a month ago. But I generally think August is a great month and so I celebrate the whole thing. But since the end of August is fast approaching, I thought it would be about time to finish my 25 things to do while 25.
This is not a bucket list as I don’t plan on dying before hitting 26. It’s just stuff I’ve wanted to do. There’s nothing super fancy that I also want to do in my lifetime (like visit the Iquazu falls in Argentina or stay at the Prince of Wales hotel in Banff). It’s stuff we can afford and things I’ve wanted to do for a while. So I’m gonna do them.
1. Catch a fish and eat it for dinner.
2. Go to the hot springs.
3. Hike Ch-paa-qn
4. Knit a sweater
5. Sign up for a yoga class
6. Sew a skirt
7. Buy cross country skis and check out the Lubrecht Experimental forest trails.
8. Get my Master’s Degree (okay, maybe that’s a cop out, but I’ll be happy if I get it before I turn 26!)
9. Build a snowman
10. Float on the Clark Fork River
11. Go on a hot air balloon ride
12. Have a picnic somewhere
13. Fly a kite
14. Go sledding on Blue Mountain
15. Send out my resume to real, full time, paying potential employers.
16. Read each of the four Gospels.
17. Donate blood
18. Volunteer somewhere (real specific I know)
19. Go one week without watching TV
20. Bake a Medovnik Dort (Czech honey cake…soooo good!)
21. Attend a knitting group at least once to see if I like it.
22. Attend confession at least once.
23. Read or attend a Shakespeare play I haven’t seen before
24. Go to a Griz football game
25. Go to an opera or a play.
Can you tell my main interests are being outside and making stuff? I’ll let you know how I do!