1. I don’t know how to put the cool little logo on here. Fail.
2. This will be my blog about learning to live with a chronic illness (interstitial cystitis) and how to use my faith in God to get me through. And that’s not a “because I’m so awesome the first thing I thought about was oh this is a blessing from God because I’m so perfect and pious” type statement. Really it’s more of “this is something I’ve totally been failing at and need to turn thing around quick. Though I want people to read this, so I hope it’s not too narrow of an audience. I can’t imagine there’s a lot of IC/Catholic bloggers out there, so maybe I found my niche!
3. This is what I’m wearing today. This is the first time I’ve ever attempted to pull of the long sweater and leggings look. Well, except for when I was 8, but it was popular then. One of my New Year’s resolutions was to wear pants less. Yup, you read that right. Jeans hurt Betty-the-Bladder so I’m trying to learn to dress other ways. And the sweater covers all of my hiney, so it’s not too scandy.
4. That’s one of my favorite pictures from our wedding behind me. Not that you can see it. It’s from my parents front yard, and it just looks like the beautiful summery day that it was. Seriously, our wedding was awesome. People still tell me that. We got married August 14th and had the reception in my parent’s back yard. Which is huge. So we had a big tent, a dance floor under the stars, not to mention kids playing wiffle ball and bocce. Good times.
5. Also, if you can tell from that picture, my bed is really close to the wall. Same on the other side. Our grad school apartment is NOT BIG. Yeah, so we could do without the king bed but it was a hand-me-down and we aren’t gonna go buy a new one. We are having 5 of the Jesuit Volunteers over to watch the Super Bowl on Sunday and I hope they fit! It’ll be 7 people including my husband and me, and we have seating for about 4. Yikes!
6. I’m totally behind schedule today. I was going to be at campus at 9:30 working on my research proposal, but around 9:20 I decide to write a blog post. Oops. I still need to eat breakfast and pack a lunch too. This proposal is due at 2, and it’s just hard to thinking of funding sources so I am putting it off. Yikes! 4 hours till class…off to work.
7. It is twenty degrees warmer than it was two days ago. That said, it’s 27 degrees out. I live in Montana.